Home » Case Studies » Ecclesiastical » St Marys Church

Duration

18 weeks

Value

£140,000

St Marys Church  image 1St Marys Church  image 2St Marys Church  image 3

Scope of works

The project comprised of the following refurbishment and alteration works at St Marys Church in Swillington:-

St Mary’s Church dates back from the 1360 and is a Grade II listed building. It is a place of worship for the community of Swillington and is owned by the Church of England, and administered by the Diocese of Ripon and Leeds.

  • Removal of pews and pew platforms at the rear of the church,
  • Relaying of floor to exposed areas to form a social area including ducting of heating pipework.
  • The lowering of the floor in the base of the tower
  • Installation of a toilet, kitchenette and store room together with necessary drainage inside and outside the tower, and the connection of the foul manhole within the old school yard.
  • The formation of an elevated ringing chamber which is to be accessed via the existing stone stairs after the breaking out and reforming of a high level doorway,
  • Formation of an office in the south west corner of the church

Phase 2 of the scheme incorporated the refurbishment and formation of a new meeting room and the relocation of the stone font.

 

Roles & Responsibilities

Principal Contractor 

Contract type

JCT Standard Building Contract without Quantities